1/26/13

Plaster, Sand & Ceramics


Here are the products of a recent experiment sand casting with plaster.   I love the contrast between the rough, primitive sand, and the elegant whipped cream texture of the plaster. 

 I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I feel so content with how these turned out- that feeling is rare.  I often tell my students to celebrate their art and to be content and even joyful with the end result...so why not follow my own advice?!  




I made these ceramic nesting bowls a couple of years ago.  One of my favorite glazing techniques is using a white speckled glaze on the outside of a dish, and a vibrant color inside.  I also love coming up with new ways to add texture to my ceramic pieces.




2 comments:

Andrea Stevenson said...

I miss ceramics. Let's go in together on a wheel and a kiln and Ghost it up sometime

s.s. bazodi said...

Let's do it! Until then, come over to my school! We have no wheel, but we do have a kiln.