One of my sweet college roommates recently got married. As a wedding gift, I painted their portrait. I don't have much experience working with watercolor, but I like how it turned out- mostly because it sort of looks like them!
Blake came home from Goodwill with a wood burning kit for me! It included two pieces of wood for $5. This may be the most thoughtful gift ever. I am enjoying learning how to make different textures and values...and smelling like a campfire when I finish! I am a little paranoid I'm going to burn myself or set the house on fire- keeping my fingers crossed.
I carved a linoleum block to print some Christmas cards and gift tags. The more I play with printmaking, the more I really love it. I like how our Christmas cards turned out- however I did not send a single one...because I am a procrastinator and I just didn't get around to it.

3 comments:
i love how you are stretching yourself. you got talents girl. we had that wood burning tool in our house growing up. so fun to use. i love what you made on your wood piece. your cactus print is super rad. keep it up.
I did the same thing with my Christmas cards! -not the printmaking, but the procrastinating. I sent out about half, then was saving the rest to hand-deliver to neighbors with fudge ...then I ended up eating all of the fudge and never finishing the cards. I'm trying to figure out some way to turn them into St. Patrick's Day cards or something now.
p.s. that watercolor portrait is beautiful!
um. that linocut is awesome. and I find this whole post really inspiring actually. I should be doing more projects!
Post a Comment