1/20/13

Paint & Wire



I finished this painting a few months ago.  I was inspired by another painting that I couldn't afford, so I pretty much just ripped it off- not creative of me.  Or ethical.  Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?


I am getting closer to finishing this wire mobile!  This has gone through a few reincarnations.  Initially I wanted it to be the wire frame with lights wrapped around it...but that looked so clunky.  Maybe if I used a bigger gaged wire it would have balanced the weight of the lights.   I was also scared my cat would start gnawing on it and get electrocuted.  I tried wrapping it with some felt "leaves", and thats where I am at.  Blake thinks it looks a little naked, and I agree. I need to add something to make it look a little more anchored.  Maybe it needs more foliage around the top, and maybe a chain of white flowers hanging in the middle??


 I enjoy working with wire, especially when it is a rusty old wheel that I find on my dad's porch.  Thanks dad- even though I'm positive you don't even know its gone.


4 comments:

Andrea Stevenson said...

That painting is beautiful. No clue how to help you with the mobile, sorry. But I'm loving that painting:)

Topsy and Havoc said...

Love the painting! Wow. So beautiful. Wish I had your talent.

natalli said...

It's ok, pretty much all I ever do is copy stuff other people made. I figure at some point I'll get so much exposure to creativity that it will rub off on me. Or something.

sbk said...

Just finding your new blog and catching up on old posts:) I am in love with this painting, you're so talented.