2/10/13

Tucson Gem Show


Every year, some of Blake's family heads down to the Tucson Gem Show.  He purchased the stones for my ring there- exactly two years ago!


This was my first time- and I am in love!!!
 I invited the science teachers on campus to come with me- because they like rocks too.  I was nervous for awkward talk on the way down, but it was really fun!   

My favorite one!  The chartreuse color was rich and velvety in person- this photo does not do it justice.




I purchased this pendant for $10!  I am still kicking myself for not buying more- the vendor had a huge variety of unique pendants.

 A random gate made out of mattress skeleton.  I just thought it was pretty.


Sometimes I get really down about the lack of culture in Arizona.  It is good to remember that there are great things in any state, if I'm willing to put some effort into finding them.



1 comment:

Jane said...

i told you this once, and i'll tell you again...best ring i've seen. it's so pretty. this gem place is DREAMY! I love that pendant and $10 freak! gimmme