| From our watercolor unit. |
| My Mentor & Friend Shalei- Best heart on earth. |
1. I keep getting the feeling that I need to be doing something that focuses on my art making. I just don't think I can ignore that feeling anymore.
2. Fear will keep me from experiencing some failure, but will ultimately keep me from realizing my full potential- and that is a BIG failure. I need to be brave.
3. To quote Rent- "No day but today". Lol- Am I right? What am I waiting for?? I can't completely drop everything today to journey on my creative quest but I can start taking some real leaps of faith...
I talked to my principal and told him I am not coming back next year. So scary. I don't have a job lined up. Blake is still in school. I just knew I had to do it. I just know for now, I need something that will pay the billz and give me enough time to work on art (teaching takes up sooooooo much time). I was hoping that something might work out with my part time job- but it doesn't look like that will be happening any time soon, but I will find something. I am also taking a couple classes to prep me for my graduate degree!!! My program conveniently starts when Blake graduates. In the meantime, I am trying to enjoy the last few weeks of teaching and squeeze some art making in for myself.
Some student work:
| tttttasty-tasty |
| Pencil & Charcoal |
These are the students that make teaching art worth it. Especially the students from last year, who are now at the high school, coming up to me and telling me that I helped them find some confidence in their art. I'm gonna miss that. A LOT.
4 comments:
Wow I really can relate so much. After most of last year of John and I trying to figure out what our next step was, what direction to go in, gaining the faith and confidence to do something hard, etc., we're finally feeling better.
I'm rooting for you! Good things will come and I think it really does take conquering fears for that to come.
Love ya. xoxo
Awww Topsy! Thank you! I have been devouring your blog, and really taking a lot of courage from acting on your dreams.
exploring what is the right fit for you is important and worth it. i'm so glad you experienced teaching and you'll never regret that. It will be exciting to see what is next for you and can't wait to see how your amazing artistic talents are put to use. I am inspired by your braveness.
I am all for you quitting your teaching job to continue leading the creative life your heart, soul, and mind unquestionably aches and desires.
Post a Comment