4/29/13

Mature Content


Some say that Jr. High students are not mature.  I beg to differ.  This week they are all participating in Sex Ed (ahhhem abstinence)- meaning just a lot of gross photos of STDs to "scare" kids from having sex) politics aside, my students are processing the information in very mature manner.

Proof:

My computer reverses the image so I will translate:

Boobies + balls = good time
Herpies
virgin

and my favorites:
Merp :) Herps :)
Boobies + Balls = transestite (I think they mean transvestite)

Why on the back of a ruler?  Well, some genius decided it would be a good idea to name an art supply company (that serves the majority of US school districts) "Dick Blick".  It is stamped on all of the rulers.  Every project that involves a ruler, I wait to listen as students discover what happens when you cross the B off of the name.  They feel like they have created a real winner of a joke- and that they are the first to discover it.  To see the joy of discovery on their faces helps me know I've done my job.


Just more reassurance that the future is in great hands.



3 comments:

Jane said...

DYINGGG!!!!!
that picture of you. first off.
and Junior High is another world. i'm so glad you posted this.

Rachel said...

hahahaha

Lari said...

I was going to only say what Rachel said, but I must admit that I named your brother Richard, having no clue that his nick name would be a nasty word. Such is life.