11/18/12

Kindness

Kindness 
begins
with 
me.


I have taught primary for the past year and a half- which means I never get to go to Relief Society.  I have a teaching partner now, so every other Sunday I get to go to R.S.  WOW  I didn't realize how much I missed it until today.  The lesson was so simple and perfect- Kindness.  



I have been allowing frustrations with recent district budget cuts, rowdy students, and a lack of efficient classroom management to turn me into a grump.  I have been especially crabby to Blake and my students.  Today I remembered that I get to choose how I act.  I can put the person before the situation.  I can be genuine.  I can be thoughtful.  I can try to be patient.  As Maya Angelou said, I can be "a rainbow in someone else's cloud".  I can take a chill pill before I overreact to the student who "falls" out of her chair in the middle of my lesson EVERYDAY and takes 5 min. to get back into it.

Blake and I had a really great talk with our Bishop today about tithing, forgiveness, and blessings.  He is a great example of kindness, and I'm really grateful for our ward.


No comments: