10/21/12

Sunday Goods

These videos were a good way to start my morning and a new week (epic music aside):
 

I have been working for a long time to piece together my understanding of what womanhood is- especially what womanhood in the church is supposed to look like for me. This is one of my greatest questions and struggles. Sometimes (a lot) I get so caught up in comparing myself with other women (and men), that I end up feeling really bitter, or resentful, or super prideful.

 Why not just be inspired and motivated by the great and varied examples of womanhood around me? I want to accept and support every individualized version of womanhood, because we are individuals...and hating on, or being jealous of one woman's reality of womanhood won't bring me any closer to realizing the truth for myself. I have so many wonderful friends and relatives. They are all different and they all have different paths and purposes.

 I'm so grateful for the examples of strength, creativity, ingenuity, generosity, determination, compassion, self-love, selflessness...

 I'm especially grateful for the ones that are brave enough to share their failures and insecurities, because that vulnerability is beautiful and honest and it helps me to be more accepting of myself as a whole, imperfect woman.

 

Word Bednar.  "Everything that invites and entices us to do good, and to be good is from God."  So, maybe stop worrying about where the thought comes from, and start acting on it?!

2 comments:

Jane said...

thank you for sharing these videos! first time views for me! i love that womanhood video. It's so crazy to me that we are apart of the largest women's group in the world. how cool! I don't appreciate that enough. And Bednar tells it so straight. good things ARE from God.

Lindsay said...

thanks for posting this Bethany. I really needed these words today and I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. Love you so much.