My mom got me to finally move the rest of my stuff out of her house. I found a pile of my old college artwork.
I've been thinking a lot about creating lately. I've been thinking about opening myself to inspiration, and acting on inspiration. Even though I teach art, I have made very little art since college. I mean, very little of my art, or art for myself.
Mostly, I am scared to create art, but maybe part of it is that I am interested in too many media. I don't practice and work in one area. I sew and dabble in crafts, but it's hard to have the courage and focus to actually create something meaningful.
It's hard for me to sit down and even practice creating art. I get a new sketchbook and it stays blank. I often use the excuse that I don't have inspiration, I don't know where to start.
I'm taking small steps toward practicing and working. Working as a way to invite inspiration. Part of that is showing and sharing my work, because that can be really, really scary. So, I'll be posting more of my work along with more of my ramblings.




No comments:
Post a Comment